Overview of OneMama's Work With the United Nations
OneMama.org is an NGO with ECOSOC (Economic and Social Council) and DPI Consultative Status with the United Nations, participating in the yearly United Nations Women’s Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) International Forum put on by UN Women. UN Women CSW is the principal global intergovernmental body dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women, which holds an annual event with leaders representing all regions of the world to amplify its message.
Each CSW event has a different theme and OneMama focuses on those themes for each year we serve as a UN NGO. The future themes are listed later down on this page.
In working with the UN, OneMama.org relays the concerns, frustrations, and realities of rural women in the communities we serve to directly impact international policy decisions. OneMama.org also hosts its own event annually at the United Nations CSW, Global Funding Solutions for Nonprofits. This event facilitates a discussion on the innovative solutions being implemented by organizations and people to create global change.
OneMama's Pledge to the UN's 17 Sustainable Development Goals:
Articles of OneMama at the UN
OneMama's Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) Official Statements:
- Sustainability Efforts During the Impacts of COVID-19
- The Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action
About OneMama's CSW Annual Event at the UN
Information on Applying to be a OneMama UN Delegate
OneMama at the CSW Events
OneMama Granted ECOSOC Consultative Status
OneMama Granted UN DPI Consultative Status
Photo Gallery from Past CSW Events
UN-Related Resource Links
About the CSW
About UN Women
About the UN's Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
About the UN's Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
About the NGO Branch of the Department of Economic and Social Affairs
CSW Priority and Review Themes for 2020–2024 are:
- 2020: Review and appraisal of the implementation of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action and the outcomes of the 23rd special session of the General Assembly, and its contribution towards the full realization of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- 2021: Priority theme: Women’s full and effective participation and decision-making in public life, as well as the elimination of violence, for achieving gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls. Review theme: Women’s empowerment and the link to sustainable development (agreed conclusions of the sixtieth session).
- 2022: Priority theme: Achieving gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls in the context of climate change, environmental and disaster risk reduction policies and programs. Review theme: Women’s economic empowerment in the changing world of work (agreed conclusions of the sixty-first session).
- 2023: Priority theme: Innovation and technological change, and education in the digital age for achieving gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls. Review theme: Challenges and opportunities in achieving gender equality and the empowerment of rural women and girls (agreed conclusions of the sixty-second session).
- 2024: Priority theme: Accelerating the achievement of gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls by addressing poverty and strengthening institutions and financing with a gender perspective. Review theme: Social protection systems, access to public services and sustainable infrastructure for gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls (agreed conclusions of the sixty-third session).